Here is a list of my favorite top 10 tips for a successful 2014.
10) Host your very own open studio.
9) Have a crazy art idea? Run with it. You never know where it may take you.
8) Surround yourself with positive and supportive people.
7) Write yourself a mission statement and make sure everything you do ‘fits’ your mission.
6) Show your best work.
5) Write about your art experiences and share them with your audience.
4) Write down a long-term goal and steps on how to achieve it.
2) Read books on the business side of art such as The Artist’s Guide: How to Make a Living Doing What you Love by Jackie Battenfield, Seven Days in the Art World by Sarah Thorton, and Living and Sustaining A Creative Life: Essays by 40 Working Artists by Sharon Louden.
1) Document and reflect on a quarterly basis on your studio practice and sales.